Because we image the thermal (heat) patterns of your body, it is essential that you follow a simple list of preparations:
Special Instructions for your imaging
- No breast surgery, chemotherapy or radiation treatment 3 months prior to your imaging.
- No breast biopsy for one month prior.
- Lactation: Imaging is recommended if there is a problem or concern. However, a baseline is not recommended for at least 3 months after the last active breastfeeding.
24 hours prior to your appointment:
- Avoid exercise or heavy physical activity
- No massage or lymph treatments
- No chiropractor adjustments
- No saunas, steam baths or hot tubs
- No hot or cold packs
Day of Exam:
- Avoid heavy make-up. Oil based products on the body will affect accurate detection by the camera.
- No hot shower within 4 hours of imaging.
- Avoid deodorant or creams on the skin, especially oils.
- No heat lamps or sunburn - you will have to reschedule
- Do not shave the area to be imaged.
- For head imaging, do not eat for at least 2 hours prior.
- No gum chewing.
No Health Questionnaire required to download
We do not require that you fill out a Health Questionnaire, we prefer to go over the questions with you during your appointment to assure accuracy. We do need the HIPAA form and we will have one for you at your appointment.